Oil States International
We have a vacancy of Welder in our company, Oil States International. This vacancy is based in Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Welder
Company: Oil States International
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore
Salary: Salary detail is not available
URL Expiry: 2022-08-15
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
- Report to CPD Production Supervisor and/or Senior Workshop Supervisor, depending on the department you are allocated to.
- Work in both Production & Subsea Welding areas as assigned.
- Undergo the relevant training on any weld process whenever required.
- Participate in and contribute to weekly toolbox talks. Strive to produce at least one stop card per week.
- EHS participation is both encouraged, and expected.
- Must ensure personnel safety at all times, and the safety of all others.
- Adhere to shop safety procedures and work instructions.
- Maintain and meet housekeeping standards as determined.
- Agree to undergo overhead crane training, to assist in moving & handling. Apply the basics of fitting, and familiarize with the tools and equipment required for the job.
- Apply the basics of brush/ roller painting, including the thinning of the paint, the techniques involved in applying the paint, the storage requirements, the care of the brushes, and overall safety.
- Use pipe drift, use O/D gauges, use the stenciling machine, for templates and marking.
- Apply grease properly, including application methods, safe handling, and proper storage.
- Be able to read a route sheet and understand the information given, including specification and standards.
- Sign off route sheets when operations are completed is mandatory as required in compliance.
- Train in the use of the external and internal grinding machines. Fit connector protectors and lock rings.
- Perform Welding, Grinding, flame cutting, material handling and other relevant fabrication activities in line with engineering drawings, welding procedure specifications, and manufacturing orders/shop routers accordingly to customer and internal requirements.
- Able to read and understand the welding procedures, engineering drawings, weld symbols, and shop routers.
- Able to perform welding processes with appropriate consumables using manual, semi-automatic, and automatic welding equipment/procedures following the documents for the job. Set up, coordinate, and inspect, maintain welding equipment and tools, other related fabrication equipment in the workshop
- Basic knowledge of fitting would be advantageous, but not compulsory as full training will be provided
- Familiar with GMAW, SMAW, FCAW, GTAW and SAW on Carbon Steel and alloy Inconel/or Stainless Steel.
- Experience in X-ray quality welding.
- Pro-active and able to perform shift rotation.
- Good interpersonal skills and must be a team player.
- Ability to read and speak Basic English will be advantage.