Thermo Fisher Scientific
We have a vacancy of Transportation Analyst in our company, Thermo Fisher Scientific. This vacancy is based in Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Transportation Analyst
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore
Salary: Salary detail is not available
URL Expiry: 2022-08-12
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
How Will You Make an Impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
What will you do?
Reporting to Group Supervisor. This position is responsible to ensure shipments are processed daily to meet Customer/Business requirements. Works across the organization to ensure operational/transportation issues are resolved quickly. Works to achieve all logistics cost and operational metrics. Support and collect data using analytical tools related to operational/cost performance. Participates in PPI tools/teams to continuously improve processes and service to our Customer. Performs other activities as directed by Logistics Leadership to achieve department, divisional and corporate goals.
Key Job Activities
- Organize daily inbound/outbound shipping schedule for area of responsibility.
- Prepare necessary shipping documents.
- Co-ordinate with forwarders and other service providers to ensure deliveries meet customer/business requirements.
- Review open delivery orders daily and work with Operations Team to ensure packing can be completed on time for shipment.
- Reviews all required shipping documents and communicate details to appropriate internal/external parties or customers when shipment has been executed.
- Coordinate international/domestic orders and schedule appropriate shipments with transport service providers, determining the appropriate mode of shipment, that is consolidated or express or other best routing, and ensuring that POD is obtained for each shipment.
- Resolve issues with internal parties to ensure shipments meet Customer/Operational expectations
- Support in the investigation of internal/external customer complaints to find the root causes and advise appropriate solution to resolve them.
- Act as a supporting role to work with PPI project teams in ensuring the success of implementing new project(s) assigned.
- Supports group supervisor to collect data (if required) for them to perform the analysis and reporting work as requested by Logistics Leadership.
- Ensure that systems and procedures within the department are in compliance with ISO9001, ISO13485, QSR21CFR, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and WHO Good Distribution Practice.
How will you get here?
- Diploma or Degree in International Trade, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance.
- Familiar with SAP/R3 and Oracle E1 Applications.
- Understanding of supply chain flows.
- Logistics and customer service experience with global multi-national company is desirable.
- Minimum 2 years of progressive responsible in International Trade or Import/Export Management in a multi-national company; preferably in a FMCG or capital equipment industry.
- Warehousing/Customer Service experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Must have thorough knowledge of international trade and transportation.
- A Warehouse/Customer Service operation background is desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English, including the ability to make effective business presentations. Communicates openly and honestly.
- Comprehensive understanding of logistics cost models, and typical routings, time, and cost for bi-directional movement of products and goods between the USA, Asia and Europe.
- Must be able to work independently on multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously, acting in a decisive manner with a demonstrated bias for action.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to develop complex logistics and transportation models.
- Familiarity with major logistics service provider operations.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and experience with ERP systems (SAP/Oracle experience is preferred).
- Demonstrate “Customer Centric Attitude”.