We have a vacancy of Tax Specialist in our company, Prudential. This vacancy is based in Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Tax Specialist
Work Type: Part Time
City of work: Singapore
Salary: Salary detail is not available
URL Expiry: 2022-08-20
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
In this role, you will report to Tax Reporting Lead to prepare the schedules for tax returns and fulfil tax requirements.
- Prepare month-end tax provision calculation and support tax reporting to Group Office
- Maintain tax provision account in books, including arranging for GIRO deduction for taxes and inter-fund transfers when necessary
- Assist in Singapore income tax computation and tax return preparation and filing
- Attend to tax queries by Comptroller of Income Tax
- Prepare certifications/documentations for availing treaty rates for foreign taxes, liaise with custodian and notary public
- Prepare and file return for Common Reporting Standard (CRS) and Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- Attend to queries on CRS/FATCA from Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore
- Support Goods and Services Tax Assisted Compliance Assurance Program (ACAP) review
- Assist in ad-hoc tax enquiries/advisory when required
Who we are looking for:
- Sound technical financial knowledge, good understanding of accounting standards and requirements
- Proactive and with a business-focused approach
- Meticulous individual, willingness learn and to own objectives to drive the work necessary to accomplish them
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to develop and maintain good relationship within the different business units within the company, regional office, external tax advisors and IRAS
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- At least 6-8 years of tax experience in a public accounting firm or commercial tax experience. Background in life insurance is a plus.
- ACCA / Accredited Tax Practitioner/ Accredited Tax Advisor
- University degree in Accountancy or equivalent professional qualification.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equality of opportunity of benefits for all who apply and who perform work for our organisation irrespective of sex, race, age, ethnic origin, educational, social and cultural background, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, disability or part-time / fixed-term work, or any other status protected by applicable law. We encourage the same standards from our recruitment and third-party suppliers taking into account the context of grade, job and location. We also allow for reasonable adjustments to support people with special requirements.