We have a vacancy of Supplier Quality Engineer in our company, Smiths Detection. This vacancy is based in Greater Johor Bahru. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Company: Smiths Detection
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Greater Johor Bahru
URL Expiry: 2022-11-27
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
The Supplier Quality Engineers primary objective will be provide quality support for assigned product(s) or area(s) of responsibility so as to meet quality, safety and cost objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible in achieving the quality goals set by management with developing supplier quality improvements based upon part evaluation, data analysis, process review and apply appropriate quality improvement tools.
- Liaise with engineering, purchasing and suppliers in understanding and conveying of documented and/or intended requirements.
- Develop CTQ or vendor quality requirement document in the beginning.
- Liaise with design engineering, manufacturing engineering and suppliers with new product development, manufacturing/quality planning, new supplier selection and engineering change notice.
- Develop key measurements to monitor supplier performance and provide appropriate response and action planning for performance improvement. Provides technical and quality leadership for implementation of solutions for quality problems.
- Jointly develop and improve supplier’s quality performance using tools such as first article evaluations, control plans, and tolerance capability studies. Utilizes advance quality planning tools and methods with the supplier where beneficial such as flowcharts, FMEA, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Histograms, Pareto Analysis, Scatter Diagrams, SPC Control Charts.
- Assists supplier analysis of part failures to determine failure modes and determination of potential solutions. Implements an effective corrective action process with the suppliers.
- Lead new and scheduled supplier audit/assessment.
- Completes assessments of supplier manufacturing processes and identifies improvements. Facilitate implementation of supplier quality processes, such as those that are consistent with ISO 9001.
- Continuous improvement of Smiths Detection integrated management system.
- Participates and/or performs random internal product and process audits.
- Develop incoming inspections as needed. Collect and publish results. Conduct feedback sessions for corrective and preventative action
- Develop suppliers score card, reduce number of supplier incidents with proper corrective actions.
- Develop suppliers’ approach for Lean, six sigma to reduce the component cost.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
- Lead and coordinate supplier’s part failures return arrangement and failure analysis tracking’s.
- Other duties as assigned.
You are authorized to act within the jurisdiction and capacity in your job scope to deliver the results/output expected of your job function.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or science or related discipline.
- ASQ-Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Quality Auditor designations an asset.
- Lean six sigma green belt certified would be an asset.
- 3 years minimum experience in quality assurance within supply chain activities, new supplier development, product approval process, inspection, disposition, supplier corrective action etc.
- Experience in manufacturing process auditing or certified quality auditor.
- Strong capabilities in quality planning and analysis, statistical tools and data analysis.
- Experience with, and good knowledge of ISO 9001 or higher.
- Environmental management systems around ISO 14001 experience an asset.
- Previous experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Strong analytical approach, ability to facilitate team process problem solving with strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluent with Word, Excel, Power Point or Visio and SAP ERP.
- Experience with management system implementation, process mapping and flowcharting.
- Must be assertive and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able and willing to travel locally, and internationally from time to time.
- Experience in developing supplier internationally and mainly in Asia.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About Smiths Detection
Smiths Detection is a global leader in threat detection and screening technologies for aviation, ports and borders, urban security and defence. With more than 40 years of field-tested experience, we deliver the solutions needed to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals and narcotics. Every minute of every day our technology and our people make the world a safer place. Smiths Detection is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies to markets in threat as well as contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components. Smiths Group employs around 23,000 people in more than 50 countries.