We have a vacancy of Senior Technical Accountant in our company, PartnerRe. This vacancy is based in Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Senior Technical Accountant
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore
Salary: Salary detail is not available
URL Expiry: 2022-09-26
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
Senior Technical Accountant
This role is based in our PartnerRe Singapore office and will report to the Local Head of Reinsurance Accounting Non-Life based in Singapore. The Reinsurance Accounting Department is in charge of premium and claims account handling of reinsurance brokers and clients.
Your mission will be to manage an assigned broker/cedent insurance/ reinsurance facultative and treaty portfolio, which you will verify, process, monitor and analyse.
In more detail your responsibilities will include:
- Identify, verify and process regular accounts, commutation accounts, cash losses, profit & loss calculations as well as year-end related documents against treaty terms and contractual conditions
- Cedant premium and loss reserve handling, cedant statistic analysis and Letter of Credit & Pledged Securities handling
- Monitoring and managing of cash statements including confirmation letters as well as active communication with brokers and cedants
- Close collaboration with the Claims Department, Payments & Collections Department, Underwriting Administration Department and other functional areas
- Electronic messaging management and archiving of accounting relevant documents in the DMS
- Performing periodic SOX- and operational controls and assuring correctness of quarterly closing tasks as assigned
To be successful in this role, you should have the following background, skills and mindset:
- Several years of working experience in the reinsurance accounting field
- Good technical and analytical skills, problem solving oriented and able to take decisions
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, good knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and interaction skills
- Fluent in English (verbal and written), other languages are a plus
- Able to work on common goals both independently and as part of a team
- Well-organized, attention to detail is critical, you like change and you like to be challenged, and your our openness to new ideas and your can-do attitude are part of your strengths
Because this is a company where you can make a real impact, where you will quickly get to know all your colleagues, where collaboration and diversity are valued, where personal development is enabled, and where you will get a true sense of the contribution you make to the company’s success.
Become part of a leading reinsurance company of over 1,200 professionals spread across 16 world locations – a company that prides itself in delivering the best possible risk solutions to its insurance clients and brokers.
Become part of a culture based on our values of integrity, performance, collaboration, straightfoward communication and respect and care. We are always looking for bright, proactive individuals to join our team!”