LUCASFILM ANIMATION COMPANY SINGAPORE B.V.
We have a vacancy of Senior Animator in our company, LUCASFILM ANIMATION COMPANY SINGAPORE B.V.. This vacancy is based in Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Senior Animator
Company: LUCASFILM ANIMATION COMPANY SINGAPORE B.V.
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore
Salary: $10,500 a month
URL Expiry: 2022-09-02
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
Position at ILMxLAB
We are looking for an artist who reflects the innovative spirit, production excellence and immersive storytelling that defines ILMxLAB.
The Senior Animator creates high-quality animation of 3D characters, weapons, vehicles, and cameras for both gameplay and cinematic sequences.
What You’ll Do
- Creates critical high-quality gameplay and cinematic animations using hand-key animation and motion capture data with support from Supervisors and other leads
- Serve as a lead on projects as assigned. Lead Animator duties include: collaborating with the Director and project leadership team to ensure that the animation artistically and technically reaches the project’s visual goals, while meeting established production schedules and targets, reviewing animators’ work and giving feedback, advising on creative and logistical planning for performance capture sessions
- Establish a good understanding of the existing tools and pipelines; be a proactive experimenter and champion opportunities for improvement. Help define and act as a key customer for new technology investments and pipeline development. Keep current on new tools/applications/trends in the industry.
- Support Department Supervisor in pushing initiatives that contribute improvements to the department.
- Collaborate in development of breakdowns, task lists, estimates, schedules, milestones and overall project goals as necessary. Monitor progress of animation deliverables.
- Assist in mo-cap shooting sessions (casting, asset prep, choreography, shot/motion list, direction etc.)
- Support, train and mentor new hires, and junior, mid and mid-high level animators.
What We’re Looking For
- 7+ years experience as an animator (or equivalent) in games, TV/Film/VFX, or a related field
- Strong acting and storytelling skills along with a demonstrated understanding of animation principles, anatomy and motion.
- Deep understanding of a, and experience with the implementation of animation in the game engine. Unreal Engine especially.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. Help support other animators.
- Ability to take direction/feedback as well as adapt to learn new processes, tools and platforms.
- Experience with Motion capture as well as hand keyed animation at a high level of polish.
- Preferred skills / Competencies:
- Multiple shipped games (or equivalent)
- Proficiency with Linux
- Experience with Motion capture data
- Knowledge of rigging, scripting (Python, Mel), and video editing
- A portfolio / reel submission – including a detailed breakdown of your work in each section – is required with all artist applications.