GESS - German European School Singapore
We have a vacancy of School Services Officer in our company, GESS – German European School Singapore. This vacancy is based in Singapore Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: School Services Officer
Company: GESS – German European School Singapore
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore Singapore
URL Expiry: 2022-11-13
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
Currently, more than 1800 students are learning at GESS supported by more than 400 full time and part time academic and administrative staff members. In 2018 GESS moved to Dairy Farm Road to a modern new school campus located at the edge of Singapore’s largest nature reserve.
You will be reporting to the Admissions Team Leader.
- To provide administrative support for the School Services department, relating but not limited to school routines, parent, teacher and student support
- First point of contact for parents & students
- Attend to parent & student requests and inquires
- Attend to the main phone line to GESS, helping customers with their queries and channeling them to the correct department
- Ensure customers have a positive experience with GESS
Data & Systems Management
- Enter, validate and maintain relevant student data in the student database
- Assist in checking for data integrity of student data
- Become a Veracross super-user
Student Support Services
- Issue student enrolment confirmations (for external authorities)
- Handle existing student correspondence
- Handle queries from existing parents on admin related matters
- Issue Student ID Cards for existing students (replacements)
- Issue Lunch Vouchers to students
- Maintain Phone confiscation list
- Update absences in Master Attendance
- Process Early Dismissals and Late Arrivals
- Process Leave requests
- Generate daily student’s attendance/absence reports
- Ensure all student absences are resolved
Knowledge and Experience
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Business Management
- 2-3 years proven experience working in an office environment
- Experience working in a school environment is an advantage
Technical and Soft Skills
- Proficient in computer programs such as Microsoft Office suite
- Effective oral and written communication skills is necessary for this role
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge and understand school operations, standards and work processes
Keen to collaborate and share your specialist expertise, you will be a fitting ambassador for the school. You will communicate with confidence across diverse audiences and situations, using your expertise to build strong relationships across the GESS community.
The German European School Singapore (GESS) is a multi-lingual, not-for-profit, German international school in Singapore with a distinct European flavour. As an accredited ‘Excellent German School Abroad’, the German Section of GESS offers all major German school leaving certificates.
Our European Section offers tuition in English for students from grade 1 – 12 across all three IB programmes (the PYP, the MYP and the IB Diploma Programme) as an authorised IB World School.
Children aged 2 years onwards can enroll in our Preschool where children are following the PYP programme in German-speaking, English-speaking or bilingual groups. In addition to an outstanding academic education, GESS strives to teach students community values such as respect, openness and diversity.
We offer an exciting working environment in an international and cooperative team. Your application should include a letter of application and your complete resume. Please indicate your reasons for applying for the position.
Our Selection Process
At GESS we adhere to fair employment practices that consist of hiring practices that are fair, merit-based and non-discriminatory.
We are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and child protection as we promote the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including satisfactory reference and background checks and the offer of employment will be subject to the completion of these. In addition, the visa entry requirements for Singapore are subject to certain requirements being met. This includes but is not limited to, mandatory diphtheria and measles vaccination requirements for children attending school in Singapore will need to be in place prior to arriving in Singapore in order for the criteria for a child Dependent Pass to be met and the visa granted. Further information on this will be shared at interview stage if applicable.