We have a vacancy of Regional Tax Manager in our company, RGF. This vacancy is based in Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Regional Tax Manager
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore
Salary: Salary detail is not available
URL Expiry: 2022-08-16
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
Industry: Manufacturing, Engineering & Industrial
Function: Finance & Accounting
Our client is evolving global tax initiatives and complexity and they are actively looking to hire an experienced tax professional to join them as a Regional Tax Manager in the Singapore office.
About the Role:
Leading a lean team, he/she will report to the Group Tax Director, APAC and will be seen as the subject matter expert in tax with responsibility to ensure expert tax advice is provided by members of the APAC tax function in supporting all brands and businesses of the Company and Group within the Asia Pacific Region.
Overseeing tax advisory and overall compliance – 50%
- Advising business as subject matter expert on all taxation matters and concerns including new global initiatives
- Provide tax technical leadership to the APAC tax team, country finance teams and business units in the areas of corporate income tax and indirect taxes
- Review tax positions taken and provision recommendations with management
- Work with and manage external advisors in APAC jurisdictions as required
- Collaborate with APAC and Global Headquarters, business and finance departments to facilitate solutioning of tax risks and exposures
Manage Tax Controversy and Operational Tax matters – 30%
- Controversy management: manage with the tax team, all income tax, VAT/GST and TP queries, TP audits or challenges in the APAC region
- Plan and strategize best tactics in defending the company’s tax and TP positions
- Mitigate tax risks while supporting the current business models operated by the group’s entities in Asia Pacific
Mergers & Acquisitions and other Projects – 20%
- Lead for tax & provide advice to internal stakeholders on matters with tax consequences
- Advise businesses navigate through taxation matters in a complex and time-sensitive environment
- Only Singaporeans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Law or Economics from a recognized institution plus an additional recognized tax accreditation. Advanced Degree in Tax a strong advantage
- Minimum 10 years of experience in tax (including in international tax) within a multinational enterprise environment or with big 4 accounting firms
- Strong technical knowledge and abilities in Singapore Income Tax with knowledge / experience in common international tax issues, particularly in the Asia Pacific region
- Ability to work through ambiguity and address complexity
- Knowledge or experience in the Shipping Industry is preferred but not mandatory
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep.