We have a vacancy of Regional Data Scientist Apac in our company, Bayer. This vacancy is based in Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Regional Data Scientist Apac
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore
Salary: Salary detail is not available
URL Expiry: 2022-08-22
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
Regional Data Scientist APAC
The Regional Data Scientist APAC is responsible to develop and utilize best-in-class data management techniques and modeling methodologies for Regional Market Development (MD) field experiments and drive value to customers through data analytics. This role is also responsible for identifying and establishing best practices and systems to collect and store data, optimize data usability, and analyze data with predictive models. In conjunction with the Global FT COE team, develop data structure for MD data lake, working with internal and public data (including image data) allowing the data to be used for artificial intelligence and meta-analyses. The role will effectively network within the Data Science Community and collaboratively partner with regional and country Market Development teams to drive efficient and effective field trials and provide analytical insights to support product and solution recommendations.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work on creating the right data structure, data lake and data flow.
- Provide data in real time in automated flow.
- Develop and validate data QA/QC procedures.
- Independently perform statistical and predictive modeling of field trial data (including image data) for rapid analyses that enhance decision quality to support new product launches (including S&T, CP, SGR, Biologics, Digital etc), grow market share, and product maintenance in APAC.
- Identify technical gaps within the Market Development region and applying data science acumen to unsolved business goals.
- Provide clear and understandable validated analysis of trial results to internal customers which drive both strategic decisions, knowledge transfer, and marketing/sales support.
- Provide value added business recommendations and solutions based on innovative predictive analytics to accelerate product development and characterization.
- Apply data analytical principles which maximize the predictive power of trial results to enable data-based decision making and support APAC business growth.
- Ensure quality control processes are established for verification and validation of data.
- Partner with IT teams to ensure data stewardship best practices are followed across data systems and processes from data entry through reporting.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary scientists to gather requirement for data pipelines; Optimize algorithms and data workers to scale horizontally and contribute to the development of new algorithms and capabilities that will enable connected pipeline analytics for all pipelines.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Graduate degree (PhD, MSc) or BSc in statistics, data science or quantitative discipline.
- Experience with GPC cloud services (BigQuery), python, github, R, and data modeling methodologies.
- Technical knowledge in: SQL and NoSQL databases (data warehousing, data modeling, etc.).
- Experience with big data tools (Spark, Kafka.).
- Experience with tools for authoring workflows and pipelines (Airflow, AWS Step Functions, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams and collaborate across functions.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret results effectively and clearly communicate complex concepts and recommendations.
Bayer (South East Asia) Pte Ltd
2 Tanjong Katong Rd