PENINSULA PETROLEUM FAR EAST PTE. LTD.
We have a vacancy of Product Control Analyst in our company, PENINSULA PETROLEUM FAR EAST PTE. LTD.. This vacancy is based in Singapore Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Product Control Analyst
Company: PENINSULA PETROLEUM FAR EAST PTE. LTD.
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore Singapore
URL Expiry: 2022-10-09
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
What You’ll Do
This role focuses on the preparation and production daily P&L reporting to enable the business to understand and manager commercial & trading performance across Reselling portfolio books. This includes daily volume exposure reporting, stock control, P&L reporting, analysis, limit monitoring and monthly Management Information to Management Accounts reconciliations.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Responsibility for the preparation and production of the daily P&L reporting process and timely provision of monthly key performance indicators to enable the business team to understand and manage commercial & trading performance, including daily volumetric exposure, stock control, P&L reporting, analysis, limit monitoring and monthly MI (Management Information) to MA (Management Accounts) reconciliations.
- Close liaison with sales desks and traders in contract locations to ensure data is accurate and timely; and, with the physical operations teams for reviewing all stock movements, either in tank, barges, waterborne, in pipe, etc (delivered or to be delivered).
- Help to implement process and system improvements to streamline activities performed by core team and enable increased focus on results analysis.
- Reviewing and checking daily physical and paper transactions have been posted correctly, are within Trading Delegations of Authority, and also to ensure the hedging is carried out correctly each day.
- Proactively providing to the business beneficial commercial analysis. Specifically, monthly commercial performance measures, fixed cost reporting and analysis, analysis of pricing and basis risk around physical operations.
- Stock control: To analyse the operative performance of our barges (loadings, deliveries, transfers, loss control) and terminals and look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Ensuring integrity of data through the implementation and use of suitable controls.
- Maintenance of suitable infrastructure in support of business growth.
- Assisting with the month end close process.
- Help coordinate and review the proper flow of necessary documentation, e.g. for validation purposes etc.
- Ad hoc (financial) analysis and reporting, as requested.
- General administrative duties. Maintaining suitable and robust audit trails.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Business level of English language essential
- 3-5 years relevant experience within oil trading; additionally, the candidate have held other relevant positions within an energy trading environment.
- Strong understanding of risks and P&L attribution.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills, internationally across the group and externally.
- Track record of improving existing procedures.
- Experience in physical oil operations.
- Experience of managing or supporting business growth.
- Working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Fast learner, active thinker who can gain an in-depth knowledge of the business and detailed familiarization of the daily reports. To identify easily when something doesn’t look or feel right.
- Ambitious, self-motivated and demonstrating a willingness to continually develop own knowledge and skills
- High level of computer literacy including proficiency of MS Office package
- Knowledge of other languages is desirable
- GARP certified preferred