Care Corner Seniors Services Ltd
We have a vacancy of Occupational Therapist in our company, Care Corner Seniors Services Ltd. This vacancy is based in Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Occupational Therapist
Company: Care Corner Seniors Services Ltd
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore
Salary: Salary detail is not available
URL Expiry: 2022-08-12
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
Care Corner Singapore Ltd was founded in 1981, in a climate of changes in the early 1980s, as economic competition in the region intensified and the rift between the wealthy and the lower-income in particular the Chinese blue-collar workers, widened.Rev Tan Tien Ser and a group of passionate individuals believed that these marginalised people with lower income and little opportunities for a formal education could be helped to realise their potential and become more competent and fulfilled persons. Through a series of early outreach initiatives, Care Corner has evolved into an organisation offering a wide range of programmes and services delivered through various social service centres located island-wide.In a bid to stay relevant to the needs of the community, Care Corner has continuously strived to offer new and innovative programmes to support those in need and the less privileged.
DESIGNATION : Occupational Therapist
- Assess, Evaluate, Plan and Treat clients with a variety of disabilities for optimal care.
- Lead the team in delivering consistent and excellent clinical and service quality to clients and sponsors.
- Ensure that the team comply with clinical protocols and service standards in line with MOH service requirements.
- Responsible for the accurate assessment and appropriate treatment and activities for clients at Maintenance Day Care / Dementia Day Care.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation in accordance with MOH requirements including but not exhaustive:
- Initial assessment
- Therapy goals
- Individualised care plan
- Multidisciplinary meetings
- Treatment updates (using SOAP format) where necessary.
- Discharge planning
- Work as a multidisciplinary team and attend case conferences, team meetings, and family meetings.
- Provide home visits, home modification and caregiver training as required to facilitate the continuity of care for our clients (Home Therapy)
- Submit applications for schemes such as eSMF when necessary.
- Maintain safety and upkeep of all OT equipment and resources in Day Rehab.
- Referral to external organisations as necessary (eg. Social Work Department)
- Collate statistics to monitor performance of staff and services.
- Investigate and resolve all feedback and complaints received pertaining to rehab staff.
- Document and report adverse incidents to management, as necessary.
- Maintain a neat and tidy workplace.
- Maintain and upkeep a proper inventory control with regular inspection and audits.
- Responsible for the improvement of the day-to-day operations and to provide suggestions to improve work processes at the respective centres/homes.
Education and Training
- Participate and conduct trainings on dementia care and activity engagements, etc for therapists, care staff and volunteers.
- Provide supervision to assigned staff/interns/volunteers.
- Engage with relevant agencies relating to OT.
Research and Quality Improvement Projects (when required)
- Participate in research and activities at departmental and organisational level
- At least 2 years of professional practice experience; Experience working in dementia care, geriatrics or healthcare settings preferred.
- Passionate towards serving seniors.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Positive working attitude and good team player.
- Good personality, honest and responsible individual.
- Diploma/ Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Obtain full registration with AHPC