We have a vacancy of Music Editor Philippines in our company, Spotify. This vacancy is based in Singapore Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Music Editor Philippines
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore Singapore
URL Expiry: 2022-12-02
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
We are looking for a broadly experienced Music Editor/Curator to join Spotify’s Editorial team. You will identify and curate first rate music playlist listening experiences for a multitude of our moods, moments, and genres. You demonstrate a passion for performance-oriented analytics and will have your ear to the ground in the music community, focusing on Asian market.
Above all, your work will change the way the world experiences music.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and substantiate content hypotheses
- Play an editorial role in the Music Culture strategy for the Philippines market
- Present and follow up on strategic and creative projects and bets within the Philippines
- Lead strategic bets within Editorial and represent the Music team in cross-functional bets within the Company, for the Philippines market
- Curate for a large number of varied playlists; our playlist-brands and shows
- Analyze analytics and performance indicators of your own work
- Work closely with the Head of Editorial and the local and global Music teams as well as other cross-functional teams, to progress towards various content objectives, both globally and in your market
Who You Are
- At least a minimum 5 of years’ experience in the music industry, programming music for TV, radio, or other media networks, where connecting and serving audiences with artists, creators and music in today’s music landscape has been an integral part of your job and missions
- You have a deep knowledge of music and culture, with a focus on Asia and its music marketplace
- You possess a perfect level of local languages required namely Filipino and English and you’re also able to demonstrate a strong understanding of – and experience with – Spotify as a user and fan. Proficiency in other major local languages (i.e., Bisaya, Ilocano, etc.) is a plus
- You are also able to lean on a good reputation and a strong network within the music and the entertainment industry
- You care about attention to detail and organisation, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude
- You have a story that demonstrates your passion for music that you can tell us about!
Where You’ll Be
- This role can be based either in Manila or Singapore.
Please attach your resume in English.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.