UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth
We have a vacancy of Junior Human Resources Business Partner in our company, UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth. This vacancy is based in Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Junior Human Resources Business Partner
Company: UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth
Work Type: Part time
City of work: Singapore
URL Expiry: 2022-08-09
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
ROLE DESCRIPTION – VOLUNTEER
Junior Human Resources Partner, Global People & Culture Team
SDSN Youth (SDSN Association)
At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious, and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
SDSN Youth would not be able to exist without its vast network of volunteers, a truly global team brought together to achieve one mission – empowering youth to achieve the SDGs. This role falls under the Global People & Culture Team, within the Operations team, in which there are 4 pillars:
- Backoffice (Admin)
- Culture & Experience
- Talent Development
- Rewards & Benefits
Please note: As a virtual network, it is IMPORTANT for the Project Officer to communicate effectively with their Project Leader and report back consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
- Manage our ATS (Breezy)
- Research and work closely with Project Leads to understand hiring needs and position details.
- Identify, engage, evaluate and recruit candidates based on team needs
- Onboarding & Offboarding
- Manage the onboarding process for new hires (from offer letter to account creation)
- Perform exit interviews and offboard people from our platforms.
Culture & Experience
- Conduct Pulse Surveys to assess organizational climate.
- Act as a mediator in our Grievances & Conflict Resolutions
- Ensure an outstanding Volunteer Experience starting from our recruitment process.
- Involve in cultural projects such as the organizational values alignment and redefinition.
- Perform talent & 360 reviews with leads to assess performance
- Create training opportunities to develop talent
- Liaise with leads to ensure a career path for our volunteers.
Rewards & Benefits
- Liaise with the Events& Partnerships team to create opportunities, scholarships, and funding for our outstanding members.
- Liaise with Leads to recognize the outstanding efforts of our volunteers
The Human Resources Business Partner, (Global People & Culture), will be someone who: is people-oriented, organized, driven, can work autonomously, and possesses organizational and problem-solving skills.
Being the representative of the People, the HRBP must be able to balance personality (approachable, trust, empathy, and personal connections with Assembly members) with facticity (ability to be fair, diplomatic, and professional).
- Excellent command of the English Language.
- Experience managing stakeholders/partners
- Professional or volunteer work experience in a team.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and manage workload across several projects/teams.
- Demonstrate their ability to communicate effectively and report consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
- Responsive and able to manage regular communication with the team
- Aged between 18-30 in order to be eligible for this role (exceptions apply).
- 1-4 years of experience in Human Resources/Degree or interest in psychology, admin, teaching, law
- An interest in sustainable development, be passionate about the mission of the SDSN, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from running for this position.
Total Weekly Hours:
- approx 8-10 hours per week
- Duration of Position: The first term is 12 months in total, with a 2 months trial period in the beginning. However, subject to a review of work performance, this position be extended on a 12-month basis.
- Reporting: This position reports to the Global People and Culture Lead
- Compensation: Voluntary
- Training: All Project Officers are required to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.