Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
We have a vacancy of Grad Analyst Private Capital in our company, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan. This vacancy is based in Singapore Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Grad Analyst Private Capital
Company: Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore Singapore
URL Expiry: 2022-11-15
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
Are you graduating soon and looking for an opportunity to grow your experience? Are you interested in working for a reputable global organization with a highly collaborative culture in financial services?
Then you will want to learn more about the Investment Analyst, Private Capital position in our new Graduate program at Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan! This newly created program has been designed for students who are in their final year of study who have graduated in 2022 or graduating by Summer 2023.
Our Graduate programs provides students fresh out of university to:
- Competitive salary and incentives
- Access a robust training program as part of your onboarding!
- Exclusive New Grad Events
- Webinars with opportunities to hear from our executive team
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
- Exposure to diverse and intellectually sophisticated investment situations across a number of geographies, asset classes and sectors
- Paid vacation days
- Access to hundreds of online learning courses through Degreed
Ontario Teachers’ is Canada’s largest single-profession pension plan with $242.5 billion in net assets. We pay pensions and invest plan assets on of 333,000 working and retired teachers. Since our establishment as an independent organization in 1990, we have built an international reputation for innovation and leadership in investment management and member services. Teachers’ is an experienced global investor and a significant investor in the Asia Pacific region.
Ontario Teachers’ is headquartered in Toronto and has investment offices based in London, Hong Kong, Singapore, and India. Ontario Teachers’ employs more than 1,500 globally.
Based in Singapore, you will be an integral part of the Private Capital team playing a key role in supporting senior investment professionals in analyzing potential investment opportunities and executing transactions in Asia Pacific, particularly in Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia. You will also be involved with monitoring the performance of existing investments and working with portfolio company management teams to craft strategy and implement value-enhancing initiatives. The Investment Analyst will contribute to a team culture where multiple investment groups will collaborate to effectively cover the market.
Who You’ll Work With
In your new role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a team of professionals including other members of Ontario Teachers’ in Singapore, Hong Kong, Toronto and London as well as outside professionals such as management teams of our investments, external investment partners, investment bankers, consultants and other advisors.
What You’ll Do
When evaluating new investments, the Investment Analyst will work in a small team to determine whether the opportunity is attractive. The analysis of investments will include conducting industry and company research, crafting sophisticated financial models, working with third-party advisors, preparing written recommendations and being involved in the due diligence. Post investment, the Investment Analyst will help with monitoring its performance, preparing internal reports, and helping develop and implement various strategic initiatives, as appropriate.
The Investment Analyst will also play an active role in evaluating potential sectors of interest and developing thematic conviction. Activities will include conducting desk research, working with consultants, attending conferences and trade shows, and meeting with various industry participants, management teams and brokers. The Investment Analyst will be expected to occasionally travel to support these activities.
What You’ll Need
- An undergraduate degree in business, accounting, and/or finance with a strong academic record from a top tier university
- Keen interest in investing and familiarity with financial modelling and accounting and finance concepts
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint as well as experience in building three-statement models as well as developing forecasts and valuations
- Intellectual curiosity and high energy with a strong desire to learn and a can-do attitude (you’re inquisitive and enjoy a fast-paced environment!)
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to incorporate “real world” considerations into analysis and recommendations
- An effective teammate with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet timelines and operate in a highly driven and demanding work environment independently
- Fluency in English with strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability and willingness to travel
- You must be graduating in 2022 or by 2023 from your program
What we’re offering
- An inclusive, welcoming, and entrepreneurial work environment with a great team culture
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development, including lunch and learns, networking and online learning through Degreed, which offers thousands of resources on various different subjects
- Regular student-led events – get to be a part of a global intern network across our offices!
- Several forums, including Employee Resource Groups (“ERGs”), for colleagues to connect, share ideas and build community
Ontario Teachers’ is a globally minded organization, and we take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience.
If you require an accommodation for the application, recruitment, or interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
How To Apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today! The following documents are required to be uploaded with your application:
Once your resume is uploaded, you use the “upload” button to attach more documents as required above.
You will also be invited to complete a pre-recorded interview as part of your application. This will take no longer than 10 minutes to complete.
The deadline to apply for this role is 30 2022 but we will be considering applications on a rolling basis.
Please note that as part of our eligibility criteria it is required you are available to begin in for onboarding and training purposes.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue will be contacted. Note that candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit our Privacy Centre to learn how we handle your personal information.