Gunvor Group Ltd
We have a vacancy of Gasoline Analyst in our company, Gunvor Group Ltd. This vacancy is based in Singapore Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Gasoline Analyst
Company: Gunvor Group Ltd
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore Singapore
URL Expiry: 2022-11-21
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
Summary Of Company
Gunvor Group is one of the world’s largest independent commodities trading houses by turnover, creating logistics solutions that safely and efficiently move physical energy from where it is sourced and stored to where it is demanded most. With strategic investments in industrial infrastructure—refineries, pipelines, storage, and terminals—Gunvor further generates sustainable value across the global supply chain for its customers. Gunvor, founded in 2000, generated US $135 billion in revenues on volumes of 240 million MT in . The company remains on track to meet its goal of cutting Scope 1 and 2 emissions 40% by 2025.
Gunvor has more than 1,500 employees and it maintains offices in Singapore, Amsterdam, Beijing, Dubai, Geneva, Houston, London, Shanghai, and Tallinn with new offices planned in strategically relevant markets.
Overview Of Role
The Gasoline Analyst is part of the Oil Research team based in Singapore reporting to the Head of Research, Asia Pacific. He/She is responsible for tracking global flows and updating East of Suez Supply and Demand Balance models. To provide high quality and regular analysis to the gasoline trading desk, the Oil Research team, and across the Gunvor Group.
- Tracking of global gasoline flows by product grades: send weekly/monthly reports on main inter-regional flows. Analyze emerging trends and provide insights to trading desks.
- Link the live arb flows matrix to the East of Suez Gasoline Supply-Demand models. Make use of Atlantic Basin Balance forecasts to jointly generate global trading strategies on product cracks, spreads and East-West arbitrage.
- Timely and concise analysis of market developments relating to the gasoline market. Collaborate with other analysts to analyze the cross product and cross commodity impact on gasoline market.
- Act as interface between traders and IT front office team to maintain and add functionality to the internal reporting interface
- Suggest new ways of displaying price data and suggest trade ideas based on this data.
- Perform other ad-hoc duties assigned by manager
The individual should have the following experience:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics/Physics, Economics.
- Up to 5 years of experience in the commodity trading industry.
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office tools including Excel VBA.
- Knowledge in Python is a plus.
- Quick thinker and highly numerate
- Good team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English, Mandarin will be a plus (to converse with Mandarin speaking associates)