De Beers Group of Companies
We have a vacancy of Financial Analyst (1-Year Contract) in our company, De Beers Group of Companies. This vacancy is based in Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Financial Analyst (1-Year Contract)
Company: De Beers Group of Companies
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore
Salary: Salary detail is not available
URL Expiry: 2022-09-04
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
-You’re talented and adaptable. That’s why you’ll fit in.
- As well as discovering, mining and processing many of the essential raw materials that enable, support and enhance modern life, our global business is involved in selling and marketing products – copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal, nickel and diamonds. Through our Marketing Business, we are able to offer innovative solutions to meet our customers’ specific challenges. This includes physical products, logistics and technical support, as well as pricing and financing solutions.
-The Financial Analyst drives delivery of the services that Finance provides to support the Marketing business.
Drive efficient and effective Finance operations
- The Financial Analyst helps to drive the engine room of the Finance function, managing payments to and from vendors and customers, and making sure that transactions are appropriately recorded. All this will need to be done within the framework of our financial controls and accounting policies, and the role works closely with Risk, Group Shared Services and the wider Finance team to formulate, implement and operate robust controls and ensure documentation of key processes within Finance Operations.
- Designs, executes and optimises process to communicate transaction information to GSS, ensuring adherence to workflow controls and that manual intervention is eliminated.
Deliver on-demand information
- The role plays a key role in making information available on-demand to support commercial decisions and new business initiatives. It works closely with the Finance Business Partners and other stakeholders around the group to determine data requirements and is responsible for managing the systems and processes to capture and deliver them as efficiently and accurately as possible.
- Supports coordination and collection of performance information from all relevant sources and delivering Performance Reports, Monthly Financial Statements and other regular information as required by the Marketing Business, Production Business Units or Group.
- Executes transactional activity to record and manage information through relevant systems.
- Works with the Business Partnering and Corporate teams to design and implement the technical accounting logic to align data streams with business activities from performance and financial reporting perspectives.
- Anticipates information required to maximise business value and designs process and executes transactions to capture expanded data streams that enable new analysis and insight.
- Operates and enhances forecasting models to improve Marketing’s forward-looking capability and support strategy, including a shift from deterministic to probabilistic modelling.
- Working closely with IM, the role looks to implement technologies that improve control, increase information available for the business and automate transactional activity as much as possible, freeing up the team to add value elsewhere. It needs to think differently about the work Finance does and how it gets done, including the elimination of manual journals and recons as a cost to quality.
- As we implement new systems, the role needs to establish appropriate processes for defining user needs and managing UAT for the Finance department, ensuring that accounting logic and financial controls are appropriately captured.
- Create ways to measure and manage how well we perform as a team. This could range from creating system reports that show how many transactions we process or how quickly we operate, to running customer surveys that measure how good we are at delivering to their requirements. Amongst the team, this role creates a culture that actively looks to improve workflows and processes, minimizing control weaknesses while increasing speed and accuracy.
- Optimise links between SAP, Aspect, Veslink, HFM and other systems to ensure information is available as and when required.
- Design and improve processes around the systems to streamline efforts required to input and extract data.
- Drive standardisation and automation of processes via continual improvements.
Learning & development
- Proactively engage on learning and process improvement initiatives.
-Excellent academic credentials in Business and Finance (eg: through business training such as CFA, MBA or similar).
- Constructively engage stakeholders to a common cause through developing mutually beneficial solutions and proposals. Has ability to understand business needs and value drivers, and recommend appropriate process solutions
- Experience with process improvement methodologies
- Familiar with collaborative and innovative ways of working such as Agile
- Strong credible communication and presentation skills
-Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Amazing opportunities for learning and growth – from technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people
- We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities internally to move onwards and upwards too
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
COVID VACCINATION INTENT
Since safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines have become widely available this year, we have strongly encouraged employees to get vaccinated at the earliest possible opportunity. However, as vaccines have been proven to be a very effective and safe way of protecting people and reducing Covid-19 transmission, we have now announced our intent to introduce a policy that requires Covid-19 vaccination for access to all sites and offices. This policy would apply to all new joiners to the company as well as existing employees and contractors. We are in the process of undertaking a comprehensive engagement process with all our stakeholders about our intent. This is so we can tailor our approach in each country, including ensuring what we do is lawful. Once this is complete, we will look to implement the policy. There be differences in how and when it is implemented due to local context and legal requirements.