SHANGHAI MARITIME UNITED PTE. LTD.
We have a vacancy of Finance Cum Operations Manager in our company, SHANGHAI MARITIME UNITED PTE. LTD.. This vacancy is based in Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Finance Cum Operations Manager
Company: SHANGHAI MARITIME UNITED PTE. LTD.
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore
Salary: $5,500 a month
URL Expiry: 2022-08-22
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
We are a Singapore registered company formed by young and energetic team. The company is to offer productive commercial management towards dry bulk shipowners, and reliable freight solution which services the end user by connecting origination with destination of major dry commodities.
We would like to invite suitable personnel to join us for the Finance cum Operations Manager position:
Finance Manager – Roles & Responsibilities
- In charge of full spectrum of Finance & Accounting functions
- Responsible for operational accounting in the areas of cost accounting, budgeting and forecasting, management reporting, fixed assets accounting, accounts payables and receivables, general ledger, cash management and tax matters
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of operating results in accordance with the Group’s policies and guidelines, financial reporting standards and tax requirements
- Conduct financial analysis and provide explanation for variances from budgets and forecasts for management reporting
- Implement and maintain adequate internal controls, policies and procedures and make appropriate recommendations on process improvement
- Liaise with external parties such as auditors, tax agents, bankers and government authorities on various reporting requirements
- Partner with business units to support operations and growth and participate in ad-hoc projects and company initiatives
Operations – Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide master on board with voyage instructions
- Monitor ship position and bunker consumptions
- Nominating or appointing port agents
- Reviewing vessel nomination certificates
- Checking charter parties
- Calculate lay time/demurrage for dry cargo ships
- Any other tasks as assigned.
Job Qualifications and Skill Sets
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Strong cost accounting experience in a shipping environment is essential
- Good working knowledge of financial reporting standards, statutory and tax requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and hands-on experience in SAP
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and effective team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of charter-party and ability to perform post-fixture tasks
- Prefer with Maritime studies background/experiences
- Able to liaise with owners/charterers and other entities
- Must be bilingual in both English and Mandarin in order to liaise with English/Mandarin associates.
- Minimum 3 years working experience required