We have a vacancy of Esg Analyst Healthcare in our company, Wellington Management. This vacancy is based in Singapore Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Esg Analyst Healthcare
Company: Wellington Management
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore Singapore
URL Expiry: 2022-11-23
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
Within the sustainable investment platform, we are seeking an Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Analyst to join our Investment Research team. Based in Singapore or Hong Kong, the ESG analyst will bring a deep understanding of the material ESG issues within the global healthcare sector and effectively communicate differentiated investment insights to portfolio managers and analysts to be incorporated into our clients’ portfolios.
Wellington views investment research as its core competitive advantage; the ESG analyst will be a regular contributor to the investment dialogue, including in our daily investment meeting. The ESG Analyst also will be responsible for leading the stewardship activities for the healthcare sector by making voting recommendations to equity holders and for maintaining and executing the firm’s engagements on ESG topics with company management teams and Boards, in collaboration with equity and fixed income investors. In addition to conducting fundamental ESG research and working with portfolio management teams and analysts, the ESG Analyst will have the opportunity to represent the team and communicate our ESG integration process to clients, consultants, and prospects.
The following essential skills are required for the role:
- Investment acumen and passion – We are seeking an ESG Analyst who is passionate about both markets and sustainability issues and has experience analyzing ESG issues in the investment process. The ideal candidate will bring subject matter expertise on governance topics and environmental and social issues, along with an understanding of how these issues can impact an investment thesis.
- Superior collaboration and influencing skills – The successful candidate will enjoy contributing to a highly collaborative investment environment and will embrace the benefits of overlapping lines of idea generation. The ESG Analyst will build strong trusting relationships internally with colleagues and externally with clients, prospects, and company management teams/Boards. The ability to provide a point of view and challenge the status quo is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others; s/he must recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) action oriented investment recommendations clearly and with conviction and contribute to an open sustainable investment dialogue is important.
- Growth mindset – The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as an analyst. The ideal candidate will have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about innovation and the evolution of sustainable investing and ESG.
Additional qualifications and individual characteristics include:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a related role ideally at an investment management organization; in an investment role
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail;
- Ability to set priorities and execute a research agenda;
- Capacity for differentiated thinking and ability to problem solve effectively;
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment;
- Independence of thought, intellectual curiosity, and an entrepreneurial nature;
- Global perspective; and
- Strong academic credentials: advanced degree/CFA preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken Chinese is desirable
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That’s ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com.