We have a vacancy of Engineering Manager Security Operations in our company, Funding Societies. This vacancy is based in Central Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Engineering Manager Security Operations
Company: Funding Societies
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Central Singapore
Salary: Salary detail is not available
URL Expiry: 2022-09-10
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
Funding Societies | Modalku is the largest SME digital financing platform in Southeast Asia, expanding into a leading SME neobank. We are licensed and registered in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, and operating in Vietnam, and backed by Sequoia India, Softbank Vision Fund and SMBC bank amongst many others. Funding Societies | Modalku provides business financing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which is funded by individual and institutional investors. And here at Funding Societies | Modalku we live by our core values:
- Serve with Obsession: Build win-win relationships for the long-term by having a customer obsession.
- Grow Relentlessly: Strive to become our best, most authentic selves.
- Enable Teamwork, Disable Politics: Only by forging togetherness, we help each other succeed.
- Test Measure Act: Stay curious and reinvent ourselves, through innovation and experimentation.
- Focus on Impact: Create impact through bias for action and tangible results.
The Engineering Manager, Security Operations will lead FSMK’s security operation activities, including security monitoring, incident response, vulnerability assessment, and problem management to name a few. S/He is required to review security incidents and vulnerabilities, provide recommendations, and support with remediation activities. S/He will also be trusted to provide technical support to ensure that security operations are running effectively and efficiently throughout all business units.
What you will do:
- Drive FSMK’s security operations activities including, but not limited to, security monitoring, incident response, threat intelligence, vulnerability assessment, problem management, tabletop exercises, etc.
- Recruit, hire, and retain a high-performing team of security operations engineers.
- Lead critical incident response efforts, putting threats and incidents into business context.
- Develop solutions to hunt threats aggressively and implement high quality detection and response.
- Plan, develop, update, and test incident response playbooks and procedures.
- Proactively identify critical security issues and recommend risk-reduction solutions.
- Build out long-term security strategies, initiatives, and new capabilities.
- Develop a roadmap for those initiatives, track progress against it, and evaluate the team’s performance.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc security incident related metrics to management and support incident reporting to regulators, as required.
- Identify new techniques and solutions that increase the team’s ability to better protect company and user data.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with various internal stakeholders from other Security teams, Risk & Compliance, Legal, and Communications & PR teams to divide and conquer challenges related to a broad spectrum of threat actors.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging cyber threats and trends; as well as establish relationships with other incident response professionals, industry partners and vendors
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years experience in security operations/SOC with incident management experience.
- In-depth familiarity with security policies based on industry standards and best practices.
- Familiarity with industry-standard security tools, such as NIDS/HIDS, NIPS/HIPS, WAF, AV, EDR, IPSEC, SSL, and SIEM.
- Good knowledge of SIEM technologies, such as Splunk ES.
- Experience with SOC automation development and cloud operations (for e.g., AWS).
- Experience recruiting and leading technical teams, including performance management.
- Experience translating technical concepts into language that is relevant to many audiences, including software engineers, business and technical leaders, external security community members, and press.
- Ability to work under pressure during critical situations.
- Ability to lead and communicate effectively with peers and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or cybersecurity-related field of study or 4+ years work experience.
You will shine in this role is you are/you have:
- Experience in threat detection, forensics, threat intelligence, or related endeavors.
- Experience in the banking / financial services / FinTech industry.
- Knowledge of local regulatory and personal data protection requirements in Southeast Asia.
- Experience working in a fast-paced industry.
- Possessing security related certifications / qualifications, such as CISSP, CISM, CEH, GCIH, GCIA, GMON, etc.
What it is in for you:
- Work directly impacts FSMK’s obligations to comply with regulatory requirements and to solidify customer trust – correspondingly, the role has high visibility with senior management.
- Opportunity to learn and work with the latest cloud technologies to build creative solutions to nascent problems.
- Opportunity to directly interact with / present to regulators and participate in industry-wide exercises.
- Geographically dispersed team with smart, driven colleagues from diverse backgrounds, who all care about FSMK’s mission and information security.
- Time off – We would love you to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer flexible paid vacations as well as many other observed holidays by country. We also like to have our people take a day off for special days like birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Flexible Working – We believe in giving back the control of work & life to our people. We trust our people and love to provide the space to accommodate each and everyone’s working style and personal life.
- Medical Benefits – We offer health insurance coverage for our employees and dependents. Our people focus on our mission knowing we have their back for their loved ones too.
- Mental Health and Wellness – We understand that our team productivity is directly linked to our mental and physical health. Hence we have Wellness Wednesdays and we engage partners to provide well-being coaching. And we have our Great FSMK Workout sessions too to keep everyone healthy and fit!
- Tech Support – We provide a company laptop for our employees and the best possible support for the right equipment/tools to enable high productivity
Job Type: Full-time