MERANTI POWER PTE. LTD.
We have a vacancy of Engineer/Senior Engineer (Mechanical) in our company, MERANTI POWER PTE. LTD.. This vacancy is based in Singapore Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Engineer/Senior Engineer (Mechanical)
Company: MERANTI POWER PTE. LTD.
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore Singapore
URL Expiry: 2022-11-15
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
Meranti Power Pte Ltd, a fully owned subsidiary of Energy Market Authority, is establishing a multi-discipline project team to facilitate and ensure timely implementation of power generation planting projects and thereafter, operation and maintenance of the power generation station. We are inviting applicants for the position of Engineer/Senior Engineer (Mechanical) who shall report to the Head (Mechanical) and be responsible for assisting him in working with the appointed Consultants and the EPC Contractor in developing and building of the mechanical systems of new power station/plants, and subsequent operation and maintenance of mechanical systems of the power station/plants. The Engineer/Senior Engineer shall assist Head (Mechanical) in/to:
- Project Execution & Management Phase
- Assist the Project Director and Head of Project in all phases of Project Cycle related to all electrical systems and equipment including conceptual stage, drafting work scope for Owner’s Engineer consultant, system design and engineering stage, work with the consultant on tender specifications preparation, calling of tenders, reply to tender clarifications till approval of tender award. The power plant project comprise any of the following, e.g. H-Class Combined Cycle Gas Turbines (“CCGT”), Energy Storage System (“ESS”), Floating Power Plant (“FPP”), Gas Engine Generators (“GEG”), Open Cycle Gas Turbine (“OCGT”), etc.
- Project Execution & Management Phase
- All phases of Project Cycle related to all mechanical systems and equipment including conceptual stage, design and engineering stage, commissioning, testing, plant acceptance, and operation of the power plant during the project cycle.
- Work with the Consultants for the timely completion and cost-effective implementation of the power plant projects which comprise any of the following, e.g. H-Class Combined Cycle Gas Turbines (“CCGT”), Energy Storage System (“ESS”), Floating Power Plant (“FPP”), Gas Engine Generators (“GEG”), Open Cycle Gas Turbine (“OCGT”), etc.
- Participate in the design review, implementation & commissioning of new power plants’ mechanical systems, including evaluation and recommendations for acceptance of the Consultants/Contractors’ mechanical systems engineering design and selection, procurement, and installation proposals for the power plant to ensure successful commissioning on time & within budget.
- Detect and provide prompt triggering of risks or potential risks to avoid/minimize delays or losses, recommend cost effective plans and monitor finances to ensure each phase of mechanical system works is started and completed on time and within the budget allotted.
- Attend regular meetings with stakeholder’s representatives and internal/external project managers to report on project progress against milestones and challenges faced.
- Monitor and keep track of all the necessary submissions required of the mechanical systems (e.g air pressure vessel fitness certificate) by the government agencies and ensure timely approval is obtained ahead of each phase of project execution.
- Manage problems resolution processes with Head (Mechanical) and consultants with respect to power plant project mechanical systems design, implementation, installation, and commissioning and resolve co-ordination/interfacing issues with other parties.
- Ensure compliance to the prevailing Workplace Safety and Health Act and all relevant authorities’ regulations, e.g., National Environment Agency (NEA)’s regulations.
- Prepare weekly and monthly status reports to Head (Mechanical) for report to MP’s Senior Management on progress of major mechanical systems project activity against the schedule, highlighting significant milestones and any issues/interfacing affecting or affect project cost and schedule.
- Operation & Maintenance Phase
- Be familiar with all regulations pertaining to the power station’s mechanical equipment, auxiliaries and common systems maintenance works and safety, e.g. Workplace, Safety & Health Act’s Regulations, including Risk Assessment and Mitigating Measures, Work Methods, Permit-to Work, Lock-Out-Tag-Out System in relation to maintenance of mechanical equipment in the power plant.
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment parts and work services when required. Manage the procurement of mechanical parts and services.
- Coordinate all Mechanical Maintenance programmes (Preventive, Corrective) and liaising with relevant stakeholders to ensure safe and timely completion of works.
- Be familiar with Predictive Maintenance monitoring techniques.
- Familiar with use of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Manage and optimize all planned plant/mechanical equipment maintenance activities during minor and major overhauls and inspections
- Responsible for the functional tests and analyse the failures related to mechanical systems and components and recommends remedial/mitigation measures to prevent recurrence. Troubleshooting of faults/defects & carry out failure analysis to determine root cause.
- Study, evaluate and implement plant improvement projects to enhance overall plant reliability, availability and performance
- Supervision of mechanical maintenance contract works and prepare work procedures and risk assessment for all maintenance activities
- Manage day-to-day activities of team effectively
- Track the year-to-date expenditure against the approved department budget
- Prepare Department’s monthly report.
- Education in Mechanical Engineering.
- Major Project Management experience with at least 3 years in power plants development, implementation, commissioning tests, preferably including operation/mechanical maintenance of large power plants, specifically employing Combined Cycle Technology.
- Conversant with international and local codes, standards and recommended practices for design and selection of mechanical equipment related to the above plants will be an added advantage.
- Hands-on experience in power plants projects’ tender preparation including technical/functional and commissioning tests specifications, tender evaluations, contract negotiations, contract administration and contract supervision.
- Experience in overseeing the power plants worksite’s adherence to Workplace Safety & Health, and relevant regulatory requirements such as NEA’s Environmental Protection and Management.
- Will be required to work beyond office hours in event of plant exigency or emergency.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Self-motivated, results focused and willing to work under tight schedules with multi-disciplinary teams.