CBRE GWS PTE. LTD.
We have a vacancy of Energy & Sustainability Analyst Apac in our company, CBRE GWS PTE. LTD.. This vacancy is based in Singapore Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Energy & Sustainability Analyst Apac
Company: CBRE GWS PTE. LTD.
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore Singapore
URL Expiry: 2022-11-28
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
Energy & Sustainability Analyst, APAC
As the world’s largest manager of commercial buildings, we take proactive measures to make our and our clients’ properties more environmentally sound. We have adopted a science-based greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction target to significantly reduce the emissions generated through our operations and by the properties we manage. Our end-to-end decarbonization strategy addresses all emissions scopes and a clear strategy to help our clients achieve their climate commitments. Within this decarbonization approach, operational efficiency and energy management is the first step.
CBRE’s Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) creates value, develops workplace strategies, and improves business outcomes for occupiers of commercial real estate through our primary services—including facilities management, advisory and transactions, project management, and more. Within our facilities management business is our global Asset Performance and Energy Excellence (APEX) team, working with our clients to achieve outcomes such as optimized energy spend, lower total cost of ownership, and reduced carbon emissions.
This role will be primarily focused on developing research collateral and market insights around the topic of Energy markets in APAC, ESG and Sustainability trends and best practices in APAC, Local government policies around Net Zero, that will benefit and aid our clients’ ESG and Net Zero targets. This role will also support various Energy & Sustainability (E&S) projects and initiatives for our dedicated client account teams, and GWS leadership.
The ideal candidate will have a blend of technical skills with client-facing communication skills, as well as energy efficiency and sustainability subject knowledge. It is key for this role to have a high interest and motivation to focus on E&S and ESG topics in APAC that will benefit our clients and our account teams. This role needs to be self-starter with the ability to turn loosely-defined opportunities and requests into concrete and compelling collaterals and compelling business cases and solutions. This role is a fast-learner and also a cross-functional team player.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Perform energy & sustainability research activities that include but are not limited to: APAC energy market trends, ESG trends and Sustainability best practices, Local government sustainability policies and incentives/rebates for projects, Whitepapers on Net Zero fundamentals, etc. Develop collaterals and deliverable that will support client portfolios and will lead to the development of impactful and scalable energy and carbon reduction initiatives. Support CBRE service lines and partners to develop comprehensive solutions and projects towards those goals.
- Support the development and preparation of client project deliverables that includes but are not limited to: project business case and proposals development, energy/water/waste usage and trends using Excel and other analytical tools, identification of renewable energy procurement options for various APAC markets. Support existing contract work or other ad-hoc account support work related to Energy & Sustainability.
- Support decarbonization and sustainability assessments and provide data analysis support on building and facility’s energy & sustainability performance using methods such as carbon footprinting in support of identifying sustainability roadmaps and strategies to achieve targets such as Net Zero, Carbon Neutrality, etc.
- Familiar with sustainability principles and frameworks such as UNGC, CDP, GRI, SASB, TCFD, etc. Familiarity with water optimization initiatives and circular economy waste management to increase recycling percentages.
- Function as an energy and sustainability subject matter expert for client account teams and account-dedicated Energy and Sustainability Managers. Support these teams in the evaluation and development of innovative initiatives and technologies. Coordinate with client account teams and other CBRE teams to achieve business case approvals and provide support to Project Management teams on project implementation.
- Collaborate with the GWS Asset Performance and Energy Excellence (APEX) team and client account-dedicated FM teams to develop and deploy the CBRE APEX model within existing client accounts. Support the integration of facilities management, capital planning, smart building analytics, decarbonization, and energy management within the APEX framework.
- Contribute to CBRE’s internal library of energy solutions – go-to-market packages for energy solutions and innovative technologies intended for use by our client account-dedicated teams.
- Support GWS sales leadership in the development of client and portfolio solutions for new pursuits and prospective clients, including analysis of portfolio data and site visits as required.
- Stay current on and keep the broader GWS APEX team informed of the latest innovative technologies applicable to our client portfolios. Collaborate with peers on vetting new technologies and solutions for broader CBRE client deployment.
None for this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A strong background in engineering, energy and/or sustainability with a high interest & motivation in the fields of E&S and ESG will be essential to the success of this role. Ability to learn new topics and adapt to meet client needs are key.
EDUCATION And EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or university, Master’s degree preferred. Preferred fields of study in finance, engineering, environmental, mathematics, science or related fields. Minimum of one (1) year of related experience and/or training. Ideally between two (2) to three (3) years of experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
LEED accreditation or other energy & sustainability accreditation is preferred, or other Green Building certification.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to effectively and clearly present information from written reports and findings. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex energy and sustainability topics to employees, clients, top management. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues and address questions raised by clients and other stakeholders.
Report Development Skills
Ability to develop research reports and marketing collaterals on E&S and ESG topics, consultancy reports, playbooks, and/or articles using distinctive and professional style. Experience to acquire data as required from market channels and conduct data analysis to prove business case, proficiency on Microsoft software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and ability to learn other E&S software and analytical tools.
Ability to solve problems involving several financial options in situations. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, Return on Investments, cash flow proformas. Conducts financial/business analysis as part of the preparation of reports.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS And/or ABILITIES
Carbon footprint and sustainability reporting experience or training preferred. Knowledge of ESG concept and frameworks is a plus. Knowledge of energy industry and renewable energy markets in the APAC region is a plus. Intermediate level knowledge with statistical information and graphs and able to perform calculations and analyze that information. Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Intermediate skills with remainder of MS Office Suite. Ability to learn and utilize applications such as Capturis, Enel-X, Envizi, and Tableau. Training and accreditation part of development and performance management requirements.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Errors in judgment cause short-term impact to department and client.
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.