We have a vacancy of Director Macro Trading Portfolio Management in our company, Standard Chartered. This vacancy is based in Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Director Macro Trading Portfolio Management
Company: Standard Chartered
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore
Salary: Salary detail is not available
URL Expiry: 2022-08-15
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
: Financial Markets
: 10/Jun/2022, 1:30:50 AM
: 10/Jul/2022, 5:59:00 PM
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
The Role Responsibilities
Working in close collaboration with a variety of stakeholders across Trading, Risks and Methodology, Finance, the team work to analyse and optimise our financial and risks resources across MRWA, CRWA and Leverage Exposure while ensuring alignment with the priorities and strategy sets for the FX, Rates and Commodities Trading businesses.
In a fast-paced environment, our team members need produce practical and viable recommendations and actions, quantify them with accuracy and communicate around them efficiently while meeting several objectives and constraints:
- Bank’s resources (trading and credit limits, balance sheet returns)
- Alignment with FX, Rates and Commodities Trading Strategy
- Changing Markets (portfolio and risk dynamics, market liquidity)
- Evolutive regulatory environment (Implementation of Basel IV with FRTB and SACCR)
- Optimize the use of risk and financial resources across Risk Management (market and credit risk), Capital Efficiency (capital, funding, balance sheet and others) in alignment with the overall strategic direction of Macro Trading and provide strategic vision to most efficiently adapt to Industry and Regulatory Change events to both best serve our clients and maximise shareholder value.
- Risk Management – Work closely and deepen partnership with Global and Regional Macro Trading Heads, Sales Management and TRM to manage Var/StressVaR and to coordinate concentration risk hedging
- Capital Efficiency – Work closely and deepen partnerships with Finance, XVA/CFD, TRM and methodology teams to optimize MRWA, CRWA and Leverage Exposure.
- Work closely and deepen partnerships with XVA/CFD to optimize collateral optimisation, compression and CCP clearing
- Industry and Regulatory Change – Work closely and deepen partnerships with Global and Regional Macro Trading Heads, Sales, MAG/Strat and relevant stakeholders to facilitate product development prioritisation, platform improvement and regulatory readines
- Ensure adherence to all internal and external regulations. To embed Operational Risk monitoring as an integral part of the business process. Towards this, to effectively carry out the assigned role, if any, under Compliance Risk Management and Operational Risk Management Assurance.
- Ensure that the business meets its obligations the prevention of money laundering under the Group Policy add Standards and under local laws and regulations.
- Ensure that there are appropriate and documented internal controls and procedures in place. Monitor the operation of suck procedures and controls and regularly review them to ensure that the reflect any changes in products, systems, policy and regulations.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people where appropriate and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement and sharing best practice
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports where appropriate and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Lead and reinforce strategic change and ensure the organisation structure and people programs are aligned and geared towards supporting change
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles. Identify, evaluate and action under performers
- Review team structure/capacity plans to handle the business demands
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- The ability to interpret the Group’s financial information, identify key issues based in this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Comply with guidelines as outlined in the annual dealer mandate
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Willingness to “speak up” in the event of any realised or perceived breach of group conduct rules or laws by colleagues
- Responsible for delivering “effective governance”; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Global Macro Trading
- Global Sales and Structuring
- RMA including XVA, CFD, MAG, Strats
- Risk Teams for Market Risk and Credit Risk
- Model Validation team including GMV
- Finance and PC
- Legal & Compliance
- Support functions including Back Office, Middle Office, Finance and Technology
- 7 plus years of experience in Trading Portfolio Management across Trading, Risks and Methodology
- Advanced degrees in finance or data analytics or computing science field
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Macro Trading and across our geographies Busines
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Business – Market Knowledge
- Programming Skills
- Business – Balance Sheet, Capital and Methodologies
- FM – Economic Analysis & Macroeconomics Derivatives
- Quantitative Skills, Statistics, Data Science
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers