INFOCEPTS PTE. LTD.
We have a vacancy of Data Engineer – Government Agency in our company, INFOCEPTS PTE. LTD.. This vacancy is based in Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Data Engineer – Government Agency
Company: INFOCEPTS PTE. LTD.
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore
Salary: $5,500 a month
URL Expiry: 2022-08-17
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
GovTech Singapore has awarded InfoCepts the provision of Data Science software and services for Government Ministries/Departments, statutory boards, organs of the state and participating entities.
We are hiring aspiring / proven data engineers to join us. We provide extensive training, bootcamps/on-the-job to prepare qualified candidates for an exciting career in Data Analytics in Government and Public Sector.
InfoCepts is a global leader of end-to-end data & analytics solutions with nearly 20 years of experience, also named as Gartner’s 2020 and customers’ choice for Data & Analytics providers. We continue to grow rapidly year over year, now employing more than 1,000 people in offices across the globe. As we have grown, we have stayed true to our mission—to always help our customers stay modern that help them make smart, data-driven decisions. Since 2004, we have deployed hundreds of high performance analytics applications over web and mobile platforms, built several advanced analytics models, processed petabytes of data using Big Data technologies and delivered several high impact business solutions. Driven by our vision of delivering great customer experiences, we are looking for professionals who are passionate about making the world a better place by leveraging the power of data.
What is a Data Engineer?
The role of a data engineer can be defined as someone who has the knowledge and skills to design and build systems for collecting, storing and analyzing data at scale.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work hand in hand with Project Managers for successful delivery of project and provide estimation, scoping and scheduling assistance
- Lead and guide development of an Informatica based ETL architecture; handle complex ETL architecture definition and design and development
- Develop solution in highly demanding environment with high performance and availability and provide hands on guidance to other team members
- Design and develop mappings, mapplets, sessions workflows and schedule them
- Responsible for the database design process, logical design, physical design, star schema, Snowflake schema etc
- Design connections objects and be well versed with session and workflow properties
- Resolve technical issues
- Perform active, leading roles in shaping and enhancing overall ETL Informatica architecture
- Identify, recommend and implement ETL process and architecture improvements
- Assist and verify design of solution and production of all design phase deliverables; identify bugs when developers are not able to do so
- Manage build phase and quality assure code to ensure fulfilling requirements and adhering to ETL architecture; resolve difficult design and development issues
- Project documentation – adheres to Quality Guidelines & Schedules
- Conduct code reviews
A successful data engineer needs to have a combination of technical as well leadership skills. A background in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Management can serve as a solid foundation to build your career as a data engineer.
- 1 to 3 years of ETL development experience
- Experience with Informatica EDC and/or Axon is essential. Knowledge of other ETL tools such as DataStage will be a plus
- Expertise in performance tuning of Informatica jobs and error handling
- Knowledge of programming languages like SQL, Oracle, R, MATLAB, and Python
- Problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Adept at queries, writing reports, and making presentations
- Team-working skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Proven working experience in software/data engineering