We have a vacancy of Data Analyst – Business Intelligence Regional Operations in our company, Shopee. This vacancy is based in Singapore Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Data Analyst – Business Intelligence Regional Operations
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore Singapore
URL Expiry: 2022-11-18
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
About The Team
Shopee’s Regional Marketplace and Fulfilment Operations department is constantly solving problems and introducing innovative solutions to improve platform usability and enhance end user experience for our buyers, sellers, and partners.
Our teams sit at the core of our business and collaborate with various departments to manage end-to-end e-commerce processes, and design scalable solutions to create impact across multiple markets. To do so, we deep dive into the fundamentals of each aspect and drive strategic initiatives to sharpen our policy, processes and features for greater product and operational excellence.
Regional Marketplace and Fulfilment Operations includes the teams of Customer Service, Payment, Listings, Seller Operations, Returns & Refunds, Fraud, Logistics, and Warehouse.
What You Will Be Doing
Our Business Intelligence Data Analysts go beyond performance monitoring and report – they play a crucial role in conducting in-depth data-powered analysis and research that drive key business decisions across Regional Marketplace and Fulfilment Operations.
We’re looking for a hands-on, motivated individual who enjoys complex problem-solving and deriving data-backed solutions to help drive high-impact business changes.
You will be exposed to a multitude of functional areas across Shopee as you work on pivotal initiatives to improve our user experience, both within the various teams in Regional Marketplace and Fulfilment Operations and other teams such as Data Science/ Engineering and Product. Additionally, you will also receive guidance, training and support to help you attain valuable skills and grow professionally in your career.
- Work closely with large datasets to build data visualisation and dashboards that inform strategic planning and sound business decisions.
- Understand functional and technical requirements to build reports that deliver actionable insights to key stakeholders.
- Build and maintain data infrastructure (data pipelines, aggregated data sets, reports, dashboards) to facilitate development of key metrics to measure efficiency/impact/outcomes of day-to-day operations.
- Conduct research and synthesise findings into plans, processes, and playbooks that are clear and lead to actionable insights.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders from cross-functional and product teams across multiple markets to build, test, and implement new processes and systems.
- Drive adoption of the team’s initiatives through strong collaboration and alignment of organisational needs with various stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative subject such as Business Analytics, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- Proficiency in SQL/Python preferred
- Experience with big data tools (e.g. Hadoop, Hive SQL, Spark), ETL tools, data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker) and statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, regression, data modeling techniques) preferred
- Ability to analyse and synthesise data from both quantitative and qualitative sources
- Ability to draw insights from data to to design practical and scalable solutions
- Ability to explain technical concepts in a clear and succinct manner to various stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment