We have a vacancy of Associate Investment Analyst East Asia in our company, Symbiotics. This vacancy is based in Singapore Singapore. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Associate Investment Analyst East Asia
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Singapore Singapore
URL Expiry: 2022-08-28
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
Symbiotics is the leading market access platform for impact investing in emerging and frontier markets, offering market research, investment advisory and asset management services. We are regulated by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and our daughter company Symbiotics (UK) Ltd has an investment firm license from the FCA in the UK. Symbiotics currently employs 160 people and is headquartered in Geneva, with further offices in Zurich, London, Amsterdam, Paris, Mexico City, Singapore, Cape Town, Delhi and Yerevan. Since 2004, we have invested over USD 6.9bn in more than over 500 microfinance institutions across over 90 emerging and frontier markets, working with more than 62 investment funds and many institutional investors.
We are a fast-growing, market-leading company, offering a dynamic work environment in the growing impact investment space. Our people are our biggest competitive advantage.
We believe that in order to recruit the best professionals all applications must be reviewed equally. For this reason, we will not require personal data such as photos, date of birth or gender to be included on CV applications.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for an Associate Investment Analyst to assist the Investment Analysts of the East Asia region in the analysis and monitoring of credit risk and country risk for institutions located in the region.
The position is based in Singapore, with reporting line to the Regional Manager. We offer a dynamic work environment in a growing industry and an opportunity to work in the social investment space with a for-profit company. The position offers an opportunity to gradually progress into an Investment Analyst position.
About The Job
- Collect and review information (including financial statements) of existing and prospective investees to enable due diligence and production of investment advisory reports
- Analyze operational and financial reports of financial institutions, impact-focused fintech companies and clean energy companies
- Research and monitor country related information required to produce country analysis reports
- Update Investee accounts for financial performance, liabilities information etc.
- Undertake KYC checks of institutions
- Co-ordination and management of client relationships with each institution
We are looking for a person who is organized, mature, and able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment, as well as having entrepreneurial drive, attention to detail and pride in the quality of one’s work.
More specifically, we have the following requirements:
- Dedicated or passionate by social and sustainable development, international development or financial inclusion
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in a finance or economics related field
- Knowledge of financial institutions, fintech or clean energy sectors, and impact investment an added plus
- Capacity to handle on-going multiple tasks on a daily basis
- Excellent sense of communication and organization
- Very good capacity to understand, adapt and dedicate to support clients’ needs
- Fluent English, good command Mandarin or Bahasa would be an asset
- Preference for Singapore Citizen or Resident
- Willing to travel to emerging markets (2-3 times a year)
What makes us different?
- The chance to contribute to improving the lives of people in emerging and frontier countries, to work towards supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- A flexible work environment with colleagues from 41 countries
- The opportunity to become part of a growing business that pushes you to excel every day while having a positive impact on others