We have a vacancy of Accounting Clerk in our company, G Adventures. This vacancy is based in Cape Town Western Cape. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Accounting Clerk
Company: G Adventures
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Cape Town Western Cape
Salary: Salary detail is not available
URL Expiry: 2022-09-04
Posted on: https://sg.jobsoffices.com
Our mission is simple: to change lives through travel. And not just our travelers’ either. Since day one, our tours have been built to establish meaningful relationships with local communities, directly benefiting the people and places we visit at every step of our tours.
With the demand for travel coming back strong, we are set up and excited for this next chapter in our company’s story — and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
Our DNA revolves around building, nurturing, and developing a diverse culture of people and a true sense of belonging, where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic self to work each and every day. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, and yourself, alongside a passionate, talented, and welcoming community that works hard to spread goodness around the world.
If all that sounds like your kind of thing, well, we can’t wait for you to join us.
- Validate Invoices on our booking system
- Add the details of the Invoice on an Invoice checker and upload using a Macro to our accounting software
- Record creditor payments
- Apply payments to Invoices
- Reconcile Creditor accounts monthly
- Act as an accounting contact for Suppliers.
- Records transactions and retains all accounting records. Post, verify and reconcile accounts payable.
- Consistently deliver excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Contribute to G Adventures performance by displaying a positive enthusiastic attitude and showing support and involvement in Team initiatives and activities.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships through proactive account management and training of vendors for invoicing processes.
- Communicate available information to customers and evaluate/give feedback on how we can improve the customer experience.
- Assist the Finance Manager with financial reporting and analysis
- Journal entries in the accounting system
- Detailed reports and expenses review as well as posting into the system
- Dealing with reconciliations of CEO’s (Tour leaders) wages – ensuring that it’s done in a timely manner
- Assisting with the yearly audit – working closely with the external auditors and the Finance Manager
- Any other ad hoc duties that are assigned by the Finance Manager
- 1+ years of experience in accounting.
- Certificate or Diploma in Accounting or Finance (or Similar)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Intermediate English skills (written and oral).
- Extremely detail oriented and customer service oriented.
- Analytical with a strong attention to detail.
- Good understanding and use of financial and operating systems.
- Previous experience within a travel related business is a bonus.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, environment, with strict deadlines.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Confident, Customer service oriented with a flexible and cooperative approach.
- Problem solving skills.
Competitive salary commensurate with the role
Competitive benefits package
Birthday day off
Vacation time for you to recharge
Enhanced Parental Leave
Learning and growth opportunities